Our company is seeking an experienced, motivated, hard-working Operations Manager for our fuel and lube distribution facility in Lake Charles, LA. The candidate selected for this position must provide excellent customer service by coordinating customer orders with warehouse and drivers to ensure safe delivery in a professional and timely manner.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Direct transportation activities.
- Coordinate daily schedules.
- Schedule preventive maintenance for truck fleet
- Fundamental understanding of truck maintenance/repair required
- Review drivers logs daily (ELD)
- Plan and conduct safety meetings with staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company policies.
- Maintain dispatch records, shift reports, DQ files, etc.
- Maintain excellent communication with drivers and customers.
- Communicate with appropriate managers, and proactively addresses any potential problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- 5+ years in the transportation industry, required.
- 2+ years experience of dispatching truck fleets preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of truck maintenance
- Familiar with HAZMAT, FMCSA, DOTD, and other local/state regulations.
- Strong knowledge of the roadways of Lake Charles, LA, and surrounding areas.
- CDL unexpired
- TWIC preferred.
- Clean Driving Record (MVR Requested).
- Must always be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to manage stressful situations and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- Steady Work (55-60 hours/week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Short & Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance paid by the company
- 8 Paid Holidays (Birthday becomes a paid holiday after 1 year)
- 401k plan with up to 4% company match contribution
- Monthly Gas Allowance (cover your commute)
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- Quarterly Safety Bonus Program
- Uniforms provided
While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online.
Breaux Petroleum Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.